Problem with DAB alarm clock/radio

juke

I recently bought a DAB alarm clock/radio - and had initially was woken daily to the radio. After about 2 weeks, instead of turning on the radio at the alarm time, I would hear a small click and the legend on the digital screen would read "tuning". (I only realised this after 2 frantic mornings when I woke an hour late)

So I set the alarm to buzz only and this was fine for about a week - now it seems that the radio goes off when it feels like it - it went off yesterday, not today (ah yes - the old reliable mobile came to the rescue this morning)

When I initially plugged it in, the day, date and time set themselves automatically, and the alarm is set for weekdays.

Is it possible that I have set it up wrong? or is it just a dud?

Thanks
J

I have one like that, it's Sony-branded, but I think many units are using the same chip set.

The main problem I had initially was it switching itself on at midnight.

It uses the DAB signal to synchronise the clock, so, my hunch is that it sometimes gets a distorted signal and this sets it off. So, I make sure the aerial is fully extended and it has been some time since this has happened.

Aerial....now, since the quality of the sound is so good, I suspect I didn't even unravel it.....I guess I just thought it was for decoration:eek:

I'll try that, thanks!

What brand is it? The "Pure" DAB radios are very good but seem to have a lot of bugs. If the aerial doesn't fix it, check out the Audio Visual Forums website.

Brendan

No joy alas. I extended the aerial - alarm went off on Monday, but I guess it decided I deserved Tuesday and today off....

It a "Roberts". I bought in Argos for c. €75.00. I'm sure I have the receipt somewhere.

I bought it because I like waking to the radio - but my landline phone, which is also beside my bed (due to phone line plug), tends to interfere with the standard type alarm/radio's fm signal.

Maybe I need to wait until the technology develops more.:(

Back