Probate granted how much longer

Fionn30

Hi probate granted in late august 23, property put on the market nov, sale agreed dec23, contracts exchanged 2 weeks ago .All other items that were to be sold ie car personal property have all been sold , all moneys to be split 4 ways ( 4 beneficiaries) , the executors (2 a brother & sister)& solicitor are not very forthcoming with information, roughly would anyone have any idea how much longer things will go on for please

Last step is usually for a tax clearance cert to be obtained for the deceased. In my case as an executor that took around 30 days and then the solicitor can pay out.

Last step is usually for a tax clearance cert to be obtained for the deceased. In my case as an executor that took around 30 days and then the solicitor can pay out.
Thanks so much for your reply it won’t be too much longer

Thanks so much for your reply it won’t be too much longer
That all depends on the solicitor in question, in my case he sat on a letter from the tax people for 3 weeks before it got sent on. However you are near the end of the process.

The LPT delayed it in my MIL case, they took forever to decide if there was any final cost, so in the end on the advice of the solicitor the estate bar €500 was distributed. And once the final LPT was paid the 4 beneficiaries just donated the last few euro to charity as it was not worth getting 4 more cheques.

Back