Prize Bonds are looking attractive alternatives to deposits

theres always next friday!

Friday has arrived :)

1tkmHSW.jpg

I don't think that's fair. People who buy prize bonds aren't idiots.

As Dub nerds excellent posts show, it's more a tax on optimism over numeracy.

Well boys, to sicken you, got 50 , on my Prize Bonds of 200.
Now going to Bookies as I am on a roll! ie Easy come = Easy go.

not a bean here either..now since 31 January..anyway the million was won in Cork,why couldnt it be me??

For me it has been zero wins for three months with 19000 invested. An instant acesss account like TSB Bonus Booster would be paying about 70 Euro after tax in that period.

Going much better now. 3; 50 Euro wins the past 5 weeks, 2 of them today. The money has been in about 4.5 months now.

This is really interesting. Even if the amounts you've invested to get those wins is way, way beyond me.

I did get a gift of some prize bonds once from work. Years ago and I don't think I ever actually got the bonds into my hands, though. However, inspired by this thread (and my recent, er, success in dealing with an equally long ago never-updated-addess situation with Vodafone) I'm going to send them off an application for a statement and see if I'm in their records at all. Can't hurt. Is it possible to claim prizes if you don't have the actual bonds? I couldn't see anything about that in the FAQ on their website.

ah ok Ghoul..i hope so...its interesting to keep tabs on who gets what every week,its the million next week too,be lucky!!

Back