Prize Bonds - anyone else finding it difficult to register their prize bonds on the State Savings site ?

Magillagorilla

Is anyone else finding it difficult to register their prize bonds on the State savings site ?I have a lot of bonds and used to be able to access them on the bond Tracker. According to the site at present I do not hold any bonds.To register them now I have to send in a thick bundle of A4 sheets along with the form asking for a statement of holdings(the one that i downloaded from the site) The a 4 sheets listing all the bonds was sent to me from Fexco last week and now I need to send it back. It seem s unnecessarily complicated. Thanks

The registration process for state savings online is somewhat convoluted. That said it’s worth the trouble because it allows you to conduct many transactions online and saves you having to deal with the jobsworths that work there.

My understanding is that you send off the registration form together with a list of the bonds you hold. That should be no more than a few sheets of paper. Not sure what thick bundle of A4 sheets you are referring to, you certainly don’t have to return the prize bond certificates. Perhaps you could clarify.

Note that when you are registered you should check the list of bonds carefully. I’ve assisted a few people is getting registered and in every case state savings arbitrarily failed to add some of the holdings.

The registration process for state savings online is somewhat convoluted. That said it’s worth the trouble because it allows you to conduct many transactions online and saves you having to deal with the jobsworths that work there.

While State Savings may indeed be populated by "jobsworths" I am fortunate in never having encountered any of them during the last 20 years, a period during which I have been dealing with them on a regular basis, including as executor for both a parent's will and an in-law's intestacy.

Furthermore, the prize bond management and data processing functions were outsourced to the privately owned, FEXCO operation in Killorglin over 20 years ago and few people would be ill-informed enough to accuse Brian McCarthy of having staffed his highly successful operation with "jobsworths".

Hence I find your assertion that "in every case state savings arbitrarily failed to add some of the holdings" somewhat dubious. I suspect that if you had done it correctly in the first place then they probably would all have been registered!

I go in via www.prizebonds.ie. I log into the bond tracker and I add them there.
Be aware that the Tracker is due to be discontinued. The notice on the website is as follows:

The Prize Bond Tracker will be removed in early 2024. Customers can still check winnings using other features on the Website including State Savings Online. We will continue to notify winners by post.

While State Savings may indeed be populated by "jobsworths" I am fortunate in never having encountered any of them during the last 20 years, a period during which I have been dealing with them on a regular basis, including as executor for both a parent's will and an in-law's intestacy.

Furthermore, the prize bond management and data processing functions were outsourced to the privately owned, FEXCO operation in Killorglin over 20 years ago and few people would be ill-informed enough to accuse Brian McCarthy of having staffed his highly successful operation with "jobsworths".
Your experience then has been very different to mine, over a similar but longer 25 year period.

Hence I find your assertion that "in every case state savings arbitrarily failed to add some of the holdings" somewhat dubious.

If you want me to substantiate my points or enter into a meaningful discussion about the service levels from State Savings, The Prize Bond Company, An Post, Fexco and indeed the NTMA I'd be happy to do so, but I'm not accustomed to being accused of lying or fabrication so I'll leave it at that.

does anyone have a copy of the registration form that is required to be filled in and signed to complete the process as they won't email it to me for security reasons (blank form!) and I am out of the country?

Last edited:
@getoffthepot
The registration form which comes with the “Welcome Letter” is personalised in that it shows the name of the applicant and has a large machine readable code with the applicants data embedded, so you can’t really use a copy of the form sent to another person.

@getoffthepot
The registration form which comes with the “Welcome Letter” is personalised in that it shows the name of the applicant and has a large machine readable code with the applicants data embedded, so you can’t really use a copy of the form sent to another person.
Thank you, They couldn’t tell me that when I asked over the phone. Now I understand why they wouldn’t email it. Thank you

Back