Private browsing in Safari on iPad

Homer

Not sure what I did to cause this, but last night I turned on private browsing and I’ve now lost all my browsing history. I’ve looked up instructions on how to turn it back to normal browsing, but I haven’t been able to get it to work. For example, I tried following this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yma9MBc8tSU

I must be doing something wrong, but can’t figure out what. Any help will be very gratefully received.

I tried a different video and I found this one more helpful. I’ve now managed to turn off private mode and I’ve got my history back. It was quite simple really.

Not sure what I did to cause this, but last night I turned on private browsing and I’ve now lost all my browsing history. I’ve looked up instructions on how to turn it back to normal browsing, but I haven’t been able to get it to work. For example, I tried following this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yma9MBc8tSU

I must be doing something wrong, but can’t figure out what. Any help will be very gratefully received.
Hi,
Try this if you haven't done so..

Top right hand corner, tap (once) and hold the 2 square boxes, a dropdown box appears. Tap New Window. You should now have a split screen, showing one private and one normal tab.
Now double click the iPad home button as if you are going to close out the apps. Swipe up the private browsing one ( and the other one if you wish) and get rid of it from the screen.

Open safari again , private browsing should be gone and your browsing history intact.

Sounds a bit confusing and there might be an easier way.. but try it

Hi,
Try this if you haven't done so..

Top right hand corner, tap (once) and hold the 2 square boxes, a dropdown box appears. Tap New Window. You should now have a split screen, showing one private and one normal tab.
Now double click the iPad home button as if you are going to close out the apps. Swipe up the private browsing one ( and the other one if you wish) and get rid of it from the screen.

Open safari again , private browsing should be gone and your browsing history intact.

Sounds a bit confusing and there might be an easier way.. but try it
I tried a different video and I found this one more helpful. I’ve now managed to turn off private mode and I’ve got my history back. It was quite simple really.
Sorry post crossed.

Back