Prince Harry

D

D

Okay Okay - he is in the public eye and a member of the Royal Family etc.

But is his fancy dress costume such a big deal really???? So his costume was in poor taste and he shouldn't have chosen it(and surely there are enough people around him that someone could have told him so).

But come on - he's only 20, how many of us have made stupid decisions at that age?????

Does it really have to take over the news channels and all of the English papers?

Tend to agree with you there D, right it was in bad taste in retrospect and I know people are immediately going to go on about the millions of Jews killed in the Halocaust (which I do agree was a complete travesty), but yes he is only a kid having a good time in general.

I think it would be great if he became king, as he seems like a complete head-the-ball and it would certainly make for an interesting monarchy!

Is it not James Hewitt's responsibility to pull him to the side and have a responsible chat with him?

Isnt there a long tradition of the second child giving the papers nonsense to fill their pages ?

Anyone remember Maggie ( sister of Liz ) ?

Well maybe not many here do !

But you must all remember Andy ( brother of Charlie )

Its an old tradition

Good to see it being kept up

In fairness, given that he is to attend a holocaust memorial service in the next few weeks, it is a bad error of judgement.

Perhaps he has the Windsor genes after all - takes after his grandpappy!!

The outcry is ridiculous, he should have known better, but he isn't the shiniest button in the coat and his hooray Henry pals would have just **loved** it.

Has anyone heard of black humour? To have an effective fancy dress outfit it is good to have a (within reason) shock factor. This is yet another shining example of politically-correct-offend-nobody-anytime claptrap.

I couldn't give a s*** what he wore to be honest. It's just typical of news/journos etc making headlines. If it hadn't been so widely reported, then who would have been offended?

I don't agree I think it was a serious mistake. There is a saying that if you forget your history you are doomed to repeat it. The fact that a Nazi uniform is available for hire for a fancy dress party is evidence that people are triviallising history as the terrible event receeds into history. Any allusion to the Nazi regime cannot be triviallised. I know that Prince Harry is a dimwit but he should have the grace to apologise in person. This is different to getting drunk at a party and other things he has done.

Hi Joe

What would your statute of limitations be? Are we allowed to trivialise, Roman Gladiators (Killing Christians), how about the Crusades (killing Muslims), The American Pioneers (Killing Native Americans). Very few would argue that the Holocaust was anything but dreadful but there are loads of examples if it being the subject of fun eg. Allo Allo, The produces (A Mel Brooks production) History of the World part I (Mel Brooks again)

A Jew (Mr. brooks)wrote the immortal lines
"Don't be stupid be a smarty
come and join the Nazi party"

followed by an extravagant song and dance routine, now that's trivial!!

Harry is a dimwit but in fairness he was born in 1984, this is ancient history to him. Send him to Sandhurst post haste that'll make a man of him (ahemm)

history

More recent history is that his mother was killed by the papparazzi. I think those 2 boys should be off limits from the press. They've suffered enough. I dont know who took the photos at the private party but the 'story' should have been buried by the press or got less coverage. Mountain out of molehill.

The elephant in the corner

While most comment on this topic has been to the effect that young Windsor is an irresponsible idiot without two spare brain cells to rub together (generations of inbreeding, apparently) the obvious conclusion inevitably fails to be drawn. Namely that a system which could make such a person into a Head of State is farcical and has outlived its usefulness.

Monarchy? No, thanks.

Re: Harry

Why is it only the Jews that require an apology? What about the Russians - the Nazis killed 20 million of them. What about the British killed by the Nazis?

Anyway, some black humour just ain't acceptable. What if he dressed up as OBL?

Madonna , cop on , would you dress up for a party in a union jack . I doubt not !!

Leatherarse,

Why not dress up in a Union Jack for the fancy dress? Perhaps it would be a token of appreciation for being saved from the Spanish Armada, Napoleon and Hitler...if any of them had invaded Ireland it would have been a classic case of "Come back Britain, all is forgiven", to say the least.

If you went to a fancy dress in an Irish tricolour in mainland Britain you would probably at best make loads of new friends or at worst nobody would notice. Why? No persecution complex...

GG

Back