Price Of Seeding A Lawn

P

patbenson

What Price Is It Approx To Level And Seed A Large Front And Back Garden Of A New House. The Builders Are Going To Leave It With Top Soil On It.i Am In Virginia Cavan. What Is The Average Price To Finish Off The Garden.

Hi Pat,

Welcome to AAM.

Sorry can't give you any approx. price for the job but this key post on Lawn care from AAM Homes and Gardens Key Posts might give you some general advice.

My personal knowledge of gardening is non-existant but I think that you must plant seed between March and September only.

Hi Pat,

Just got the back garden rotavated and seeded about 4 months ago - cost us €350 the front garden was already landscaped.

We levelled and seeded our back garden recently (40m2 approx), and it should really take no more than a day if yours is a similar size. I've no idea how much landscapers charge for a day's work but why not ring around a few places to satisfy yourself that you're not being ripped off?

My personal knowledge of gardening is non-existant but I think that you must plant seed between March and September only.
The box of seed that we bought advised that June-August was the no-fly zone for grass seed, due to the hotter weather. Needless to say as we live in Ireland we went ahead and sowed in July - grass is now thriving. :)

Back