Price of Bottled Gas

pnh

Bought a cylinder of Calor Gas today for BBQ.I expected it would be around €18,but was pretty shocked to find it was €29.05.
This to my recollection is a massive increase since the last time I bought one which would have been within the last 2 years.
What the hell is going on there? Retailer insisted it is Calors recommended price and nothing to do with him.
Once again the words "Off" and "Rip" spring to mind.

Is it the normal size cylinder (11.34kg)? I use calor gas with a room heater, have bought a few cylinders (with returned empties) in the past couple of years and they've all been in the €26-€28 price range. My recollection of the advertised patio gas cylinder price was about the same.

There is no deposit for the cylinders any more (much to my dismay when I returned 3 of them & was expect a few bob!!) & they tend to cost about the €26-29 each

Did you return an empty cylinder?

Yes-had empty.It is getting on for 2 years I suppose since I changed one of these.My recollection is that last time it cost around 18 Euro so a jump to 29 Euro within those 2 years is quite a hike.
Would love to see a run down of costs for these things over last number of years.It is the normal size 11 kg bottle .

Whatever about the price of gas, your bravey having a bbq in this weather should be applauded!

Whatever about the price of gas, your bravey having a bbq in this weather should be applauded!

we had a barbi last weekend.. just have to ignore the weather and get on with it!!.. brought back our old gas bottle for a new one and it was 30e in the garage!

Back