Price Negotiable: Private villa or appartment South Of France

Elitist

Hi

Anyone have any experiences of property owners on ownersdirect or holidayrentals currently open to haggling on price

I want to go to South of France in Sept.

Thank you

Hi

Anyone have any experiences of property owners on ownersdirect or holidayrentals currently open to haggling on price

I want to go to South of France in Sept.

Thank you

Yes. I do it all the time and I am often offered at a reduced rate. After you make the initial enquiry simply say that it is a bit expensive but leave the door open for them to "help you out". You are more likely to get a reduction in the off season months.
I have often had the cleaning fee waived and the security deposit reduced.
You could also look at a two bedroomed apartment that are usually more expensive and bigger than a one bed and say that only two of you will be travelling and you won't be using the second bedroom at all, only to store your luggage.

Before you haggle, be careful, the price offered might be better than you think and you do not want to kill a 'good-thing'. When you find accommodation that you like, get the name of the urbanisation/apartment-complex. Then Google the name of the complex. You probably will see the going rate through web sites of real estate agents, private owners etc.

We have an apartment in Nice (booked in September!) so know the business. My advise would be try to book an apartment priced in UK pounds. Some UK owners may not have increased their prices to reflect the weaker pound. Also remember, you get what you pay for. We all offer late booking discounts but check for guest reviews before booking. Holiday-Rentals, Owners Direct and Holiday Lettings are all good sites. Enjoy!

My experience is that owners are prepared to reduce prices but not necessarily on the website. I have managed to get play 20% less than last year.

Before you haggle, be careful, the price offered might be better than you think and you do not want to kill a 'good-thing'. When you find accommodation that you like, get the name of the urbanisation/apartment-complex. Then Google the name of the complex. You probably will see the going rate through web sites of real estate agents, private owners etc.

Unfortunately the name of the apartment block is often the last thing the renter wants to give. You get an idea but not a particular address. You usually get this information when you send off the deposit. Probably for security reasons.

If you don't ask you cannot get. I agree with the poster in relation to the UK sterling prices not having increased in many cases so it's cheaper to go through UK sites with the pound being so weak.

Thanks for the reponse
Wanted to go for an awkward 8 days, and saw little flexibility on price or dates.
Got a nice 4* star hotel where they knocked off 60 euro a night.
Will combine with a couple of nights in a campsite and will cost not much more than apartment

Back