Price increase in 4th Phase

FionaT

Hi

Just a quick question for the experts. Bought a 2bed apt (3rd phase of development) in October 2006 due to be ready this summer. The 4th phase was launched this weekend and most of the prices remained the same except for apts the same spec as mine that have gone down by €5,000. I queried it on site and the agents said they would call me today. The agents have come back to me that the reason for the decrease is the particular apts are facing a wall whereas I will be looking out on a green. Is it a case of tough luck on my part and I have to pay for looking out on a green? :(

Re: Price increase in 4th Phase....

Have you signed contracts? Would you rather face a wall?

€5,000 for a much better view sounds fairly reasonable to me.

When I bought my house in October (due to be finalised now) there were three remaining in the Phase were priced €407 for north facing back garden, €412 for south facing but facing another house, €418 for south facing and facing green.

I bit the bullet and bought the one facing the green.

Thanks for the replies guys. It seems to be the norm which is kind of what I thought. I've signed contracts but solicitor hasn't confirmed builders have signed - I had a few queries about management fees and parking. I just think of what I could do with €5,000 when I move in!:)
Cheers for the quick replies.

Is it just me or is the reason that the price has decreased is probably due to market pressure rather than the 'view'.

Yeah they could be filling ya full of it. Ya never know. I hope its a good year for buyers this year cos the first rung of that ladder just seems to be slowly getting further away from the ground.

Three years ago I paid 7k extra for an apartment which was not overlooked and faced the gardens. Apartments facing a wall are always cheaper and those near the lift shafts are usually cheaper in my experience. I never consider them a good buy. Go for the view, you'll be looking at it a long time, plus an apartment with a tall wall in close proximity will probably be darker.

Yes whathome that should be the right title of thread :eek: It so happens there was another place launching in Maynooth on the same day and the turnout was much bigger than the launch out in Kilcock. Perhaps they were competing? I'll stick to what I have because hopefully it will be easier to sell on when the time comes. Thanks again.

Back