Price for garden railing with gate

lemrac

Hi!

I am looking to get a 11ft x 4 ft plain railing for my garden . It would have a gate. I have been quoted 780 supplied and fitted. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks guys

Need more info. What style of railing? Wood, metal, design detail, existing posts? Going into soil or concrete?

Location might help guide others give recommendations for other providers to try for a quote.

Could be doing a similar job myself soon so would be interested in the info that Leo sets out above
thanks

Check proposed railing specs. I had large gates fitted a few years ago and was happy enough with the gates, service, price and installation.
He retired and I got another guy to do the railings and he suggested thicker steel, powder coating and they look fantastic. Only problem when you look at the railings at the front and the gates at the side of the house you can see the difference immediately. The railing just look so much substantial and better and the powder coating means no painting ;)

Also get them galvanised for NO rust, well worth it as no rust dripping of them and no rust proof painting later.

Thickness of Steel
Galvanised
Powder Coated

It would be a plain metal fence, with a plain gate. No bells and whistles at all. It would be going into concrete. The are no exiting posts. The guy seemed to know his stuff I just have no idea of what the cost should be and welcome your advice. I think he said galvanised . I am in South Dublin.

Thanks for the replies!

Back