Price differences between UK and Ireland

you never mentioned the shipping costs of a product. Many products have to be shipped to Ireland and the demand - so the amount of items you can sell in Ireland - is in comparison to the UK quite low -> as a consequence the prices went up

Anyway, very funny is Apple. When you buy a MAC in Ireland you pay usually more than in every other country in Europe, but the central storage centre is in Irland :D So the transport costs can't make the difference.

On the apple store the laptops are the same price in ireland, france, germany and italy. ipods are cheaper in ireland than france. the difference seems to be some extra french levy. the desktop computers are more expensive in ireland.

the sterling/euro difference for ireland/UK on the apple store is reasonable at the moment at 0.85-0.86 or so.

Gosh even with the VAT removed it's still 25% dearer here. I wonder is it printed in the North or something?

The Sunday Indo must have read this thread. They've changed the price....

But made it dearer!
It's now gone up to €2.70 to buy the paper in the Republic and still just £1.50 in the North.

Bought a ceramic sink in B+Q recently.

The price in Swords = €321 + €25 delivery (forced to pay delivery as they don't allow store pick). Total €346.

Called B+Q Newry. Same sink £239 + £15 delivery. and they would delivery to my address in Dublin no problem. The currency conversion on my credit card came to a total of €291.

Saved myself €55 with just 1 phonecall.

Back