Present for a 60yr old Female

Mrs V

I need to get a birthday present for my boyfriend's mother as she is 60 next wk i havent a clue wat to get her, she doesnt go out much, doesnt drink really need some help....

I need to get a birthday present for my boyfriend's mother as she is 60 next wk i havent a clue wat to get her, she doesnt go out much, doesnt drink really need some help....

whats she into?
and whats her house like - if she is someone who displays photos maybe a nice photo frame?

I was thinking maybe a photo frame and then on the night of the meal get a family photo to put into it, Also my ideas were jewellery which i'm not sure if she wears or not i dunno i'm useless at presents

Figure out how much youre willing to spend then you can decide on the type of pressie.
Depending on budget you could go for a hamper of food, of beauty products, make up.
Check out some gift type websites for ideas also?

I was thinking maybe a photo frame and then on the night of the meal get a family photo to put into it

nothing too tacky though. My mother got a Waterford crystal one as a present recently. It was so bad she tried to fob it off on me - and she usually loves all that crap. No wonder things are going so well for Waterford Wedgewood.

Some suggestions:

• Dinner Gift Voucher
  • Favourite Perfume & associated bodycare products
  • Flowers of course
  • Hair/Nail/Beauty/Spa voucher
  • Newbridge have some lovely jewellery pieces, photo frames, bags
  • Family Portrait voucher
  • Tickets for Theatre/Concert Hall

If she's into gardening get her a voucher for her nearest garden centre or maybe a voucher for some nice shop that she can pick what she likes. I think you can never go wrong with a voucher.

If she's into gardening get her a voucher for her nearest garden centre or maybe a voucher for some nice shop that she can pick what she likes. I think you can never go wrong with a voucher.

I disagree, I absolutely hate getting vouchers unless they are for somewhere I definitely go to.
I found some old ones at home recently in a clear out - over 200 euro worth of wasted vouchers cos the shops were in city centre (where I never go).

you could get:
- a tree / shrub for the garden
- voucher for the salon where she gets her hair done
- subscription to magazine / Nat Concert Hall / Nat Gallery etc
- voucher for 'afternoon tea' in a nice hotel

I disagree, I absolutely hate getting vouchers unless they are for somewhere I definitely go to.
I found some old ones at home recently in a clear out - over 200 euro worth of wasted vouchers cos the shops were in city centre (where I never go).

Thats a pity to have wasted that amount of vouchers. Could you not have passed them on to somebody who would have used them. I love getting vouchers as then I can pick something that I really like, maybe something that I would never buy otherwise but the fact that I was given the voucher as a gift I would treat myself to it.

Thats a pity to have wasted that amount of vouchers. Could you not have passed them on to somebody who would have used them. I love getting vouchers as then I can pick something that I really like, maybe something that I would never buy otherwise but the fact that I was given the voucher as a gift I would treat myself to it.

I know. I didnt intentionally waste them, just never managed to get to the places they were for and by the time I dug them out they were out of date.

Im afraid its a frequent event in my life, I once threw a 150 irish pound voucher for a lovely beauty place - could have had massage etc... but at the time Id no car, was never in the area and just never got round to using it.

As a result of how vouchers manage to get wasted in my life I never give them - unless its for somewhere I am certain the person goes regularly.

Back