Prescription goggles for snorkling/scuba-diving

A

act

Hi,

Where is the best/cheapest place to get prescription goggles - I was just quoted 240 euro for a pair. Has anyone bought these over the internet or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

If you have a standard prescription, i.e. short sighted -3.00 or -1.50 etc., Specsavers do a range of googles, last time I looked they were €45 (limerick). If not standard 'eyes' then I imagine you'd be paying top doller. Good luck.

I got mine in SpecSavers years ago for about IR£25 - my right and left are not too different so I just chose the diopter range nearest both and they suit me fine.

I'm not sure if you can get prescription masks for snorkelling though - probably better off wearing contact lenses with a regular mask. Just make sure the mask is a tight enough fit.

If you do find prescription masks, can you post where you found them as I may be interested if they weren't too expensive?

Just got quoted €65 (std prescription) by specsavers in Newbridge. Will try out the aquagoggles I think.

Hi,

Just got the Spirit 2 Combo from Snorkel Mart ([broken link removed]) for EUR 82, which includes shipping. The quality of the mask and prescription is perfect, and only takes 3 days to be delivered.

I checked with specsavers, but they were charging EUR 199 for a snorkel mask (their swimming goggles were EUR 65). The cheapest opticians around town were charging EUR150 for the prescription mask only.

Back