Premier Bond - and water ingress due to structural defects

serotoninsid

My house was built in 2005. It was covered by Premier Bond. I have requested a copy of the policy just now from the conveyancing solicitors.

In the meantime, I'd be curious to know if people had any dealings with them with regard to water ingress?

I have a gable wall (which takes the full force of the elements during the winter) that is strewn with hairline cracks externally. They are hairline cracks but notwithstanding that, it has become apparent that they are responsible for water ingress - as I now have a 'bloom' of mould bubbling up on the internal surface of that wall.

Someone has led me to believe that cover for water ingress is provided under the scheme over a shorter timeframe whereas the otherwise full structural guarantee runs for the full 10 years. I'm fearful that this may be the scenario - in which case I *might* be pot out of luck.

However, is it reasonable to have the issue assessed on the basis of the structural defects on the wall i.e. the myriad of hairline cracks -taken into consideration collectively?

Otherwise, could my claim be based on having this repaired - with any existing water ingress damage to be dealt with by myself?

I'd be grateful for any input from anyone here with experience in this area.

Back