practical gift for cousin going travelling

hjrdee

Hiya,

Looking for advice:

My cousin is going on a year break to Australia shortly and I'm looking for advice as to something practical to get her. Had planned to get her a good travel camera, but she has one already....

Anybody any other ideas?? Nothing to big and bulky but something that would be practical for her....

Thanks

A travel towel (very handy!), a nice pen and a book she can write her experiences in.

A diary to write about all experiences so at the end of the year (and in years to come) she can read back and remember things that happened!

I like the USB idea - we bought loads enroute. How about a skype headset, I'm sure your cousin will prob use skype a lot, and depending on where you go, skype is readily available, but the headsets can be a bit dodge.

My daughter asked for a waterproof watch when she was out there for a b'day pressie.

Depending on how much you wanna spend, a 'PacSafe' can be really useful...Its like a big spiderweb thats unbreakable, so people can't get into your bag at all.

Its about 80 as far as I remember, and was waaay too fiddly to use when you're travelling every few days, but the peace it mind it bought in Thailand etc...was fantastic (had all these paranoid delusions that someone was gonna plant something on me and I'd have my ass slung in some Thai jail!)

Maybe one of those blow up pillows for the long flight ? The likes of this -

I was given a girl's verson of swiss army knife before I went travelling- sissors, tweezers, nailfile etc - very useful, second the travel towel too - get an extra large one - doubles as blanket

you cannot bring a swiss army knife on a flight! Get a packet of condoms.

Beg to differ!

I have one of those Swiss Army credit card thingies. Its in my wallet and I'm always forgetting to take it out. I;ve taken on at least 3 flights and never been stopped!

Beg to differ!

I have one of those Swiss Army credit card thingies. Its in my wallet and I'm always forgetting to take it out. I;ve taken on at least 3 flights and never been stopped!

Luck is all that is.....I have seen 2 people stopped with them and they had them taken from them

On the other hand i forgot to take screw drivers from my laptop bag when travelling I only found them when i got home I flew Cork - Amsterdam and Brussels - Heathrow- Cork so I reckon the security isnt always as tight as people hope

If your cousin is going to be renting/buying a car in Oz an FM transmitter is a really good idea - we found it invaluable in NZ and Oz.

Back