possible property letting scam

Go to the guards with all the info you have. The tenant is your witness. Was the money being lodged to an account?

Yes it would appear he has done a runner with deposit. Not naming and shaming as yet as I have nothing to gain from that action at this stage.

Not naming and shaming as yet as I have nothing to gain from that action at this stage.

You might just assist in others been completely ripped off. By reporting an actual and definite case you would not be leaving any entity in a lessor position.

You might just assist in others been completely ripped off. By reporting an actual and definite case you would not be leaving any entity in a lessor position.

Well others can be more alert than I to protect themselves as I am sure this is not the first or last letting agent to let cleints down.

Why not simply name the person/company? If the story is 100% true then there's nothing wrong with naming them. You could help others out a lot with this information. Even a description of the 'agent' could be of use.

Back