Policies re. employee paid personal calls on work mobile?

Is it possible to program numbers on a Nokia to include a pause, so I could program all these numbers to be played back just by selecting a name from the address book?

There is a 'pause' and 'wait' function. When dialling the number press the * key three times for 'p' (pause) and four times for 'w' (wait). Pause is meant to ait for three seconds, wait is meant to wait for a connection to be made before continuing. Try playing with these - I used to use them years ago when I lived in the US for accessing a long distance service and dialling extensions but haven't done so now for a long time. So something line <13434 access number>w<number># should do the trick.

There is a 'pause' and 'wait' function. When dialling the number press the * key three times for 'p' (pause) and four times for 'w' (wait). Pause is meant to ait for three seconds, wait is meant to wait for a connection to be made before continuing. Try playing with these - I used to use them years ago when I lived in the US for accessing a long distance service and dialling extensions but haven't done so now for a long time. So something line <13434 access number>w<number># should do the trick.

You're a star, DD. I think I'm there. The 'w' function did indeed wait for the connection. The only catch is that I get prompted to confirm the sending of the DTMF tones with a 'Press send to send number' message on screen.

HOwever, a single 'p' seems to wait for the desired duration, and the go ahead with the DTMF numbers without any confirmation. I just hope this works reliably all the time, and isn't dependant on any variables.

No problem. The only issue with using 'p' is if the call doesn't connect in the 3 seconds, then the tones will be sent anyway and that's going to make a mess of things. If it becomes a recurring problem, try two pauses in a row.

No problem. The only issue with using 'p' is if the call doesn't connect in the 3 seconds, then the tones will be sent anyway and that's going to make a mess of things. If it becomes a recurring problem, try two pauses in a row.

Yeah, I was conscious that I might need a long pause. I had actually tried programming the numbers with three 'p's, but it didn't seem to like this at all at all.

Back