plumbing problem

M

maggot

I have a house -new- one year old with a plumbing problem. The heating bangs when it's on.This is to do with upstairs as it doesn't happen when it's only downstairs on. After a solicitors letter and much phoning and faxing from myself they sent the plumber who said the pipes were in too tight against the wood --he dug around them to loosen them and it helped but hasn't solved the problem! I have phoned loads(get voice mail -no reply), faxed and gone to building site but am getting no where. My solicitor will send another letter but am wondering is there any thing else I can do...?

The pipes are free to move about due to the pressure, the pipes should be clipped & insulated, if the bare copper is knocking off the wood you could query the extent of the insulation carried out, this in turn will have heat loss. If the movement continues it could rupture a soldered joint and cause a leak also.

Sounds like water hammer. If the the pipes have got all the room they need it really needs a decent plumber to sort it out, and one with experience, with all due respects a 23 yr old with 1 -2 years under his belt will rarely fix the problem

Back