Please help me decide on a new used car.

Yeah, very expensive, not sure if a mechanic was exaggerating recently but he maintained that they can be up to 4 times the price of other car parts. Would have to say though that they're great cars.

Thanks very much for all the input. Looks like Ford Focus is a popular choice and I am not really bothered with a 1.4 being to weak. Will think about it. Cheers.

Mazda is expensive as there's not so many of them on the roads so they dont have the spurious parts. I reckon it has to be the skoda, toyota or honda. All for reliability reasons. In the case of toyota in particular, the parts are cheap, any mechanic I have ever spoken to has said toyota or honda.

Ford and Toyota are best value on parts, but with a well minded toyota you won't need any parts! In any case stick with the Japs.
How about importing a 03/04/05 Corolla from UK/NI?
For best value now you need to be going to a car dealer with CASH.

My collegue bought a 04 Skoda Octavia 1.4, 2 weeks ago for 6k with 60K mils on the clock - Got a good deal. Guy was selling it privately and wanted 7K 3 months ago for the same car.

Plenty of good second hand cars in the market currently to be got with a bit of research.

Ford and Toyota are best value on parts, but with a well minded toyota you won't need any parts! In any case stick with the Japs.
How about importing a 03/04/05 Corolla from UK/NI?
For best value now you need to be going to a car dealer with CASH.

In my experience Ford have cheaper parts. I don't know about Toyota but I'm suprised to hear their parts are cheap. I wouldn't have expected that.

Just reading your tread.........we have a Honda Civic 1.4........ brilliant car.......loads of room in the back....... air condtioning on all 5 dr models, abs, 4 airbags......... 40 mpg....... very reliable......... I know they are little more expensive than a focus or a Octavia.....but a brill car......... new space age model isn't as nice........ previous shape available from 2001 to 2005. If u want to know more feel free to pm me.

Back