Plastic/woven garden furniture

TheRebelRam

I have already posted in the Homes and Gardens forum asking for reviews on this furniture. I am reposting here if anyone has recommendations of suppliers.

Not sure what part of the country you are in, but I bought some of this woven rattan pvc furniture recently and did a lot of legwork prior to the purchase.

I eventually settled on the http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/outdoor-living/garden-furniture/-material%3Erattan_effect/Comoro-Sofa-Bench-12718727 (Comoro Set) from the B & Q Blooma Range. It's really sturdy, has an aluminium frame and came with fitted covers.

Also looked in in Kilquade, Wicklow - they have about 190 sets of garden furniture on display including many pvc woven ones and others. They have a sale on at the moment with very good reductions.

The National Garden Exhibition Centre is also located there and they have a nice Cafe with Terrace for lunch or coffee.

Gets lost a bit, but it's still highlighted in red at the top of the page.
Good job I put in the link to B & Q then so, as there's a store at the Mahon Point Retail Park in Cork. ;)

They have a really nice range of rattan/plastic resin outdoor furniture on display in the Liffey Valley store, so hopefully they'll have a similar display in Cork.

Here's their [broken link removed] of the pros and cons of the various types regarding maintenance etc.

Just purchased the Comoro set from B & Q recently, but have another resin dining set which I bought about 2 years ago and it's still in perfect condition. We just cover it when we're not using it, it came with a fitted cover. Even left the cushions on it over winter and they look like new with no signs of damp etc. The cover should be a few inches off the ground to allow air to circulate, otherwise you might get mould.

No connection with B & Q or the other link I posted in Wicklow.

Back