Planning permission - lands not in my name

Johnboy45

can someone lodge an application for planning permission for lands that are not in their own name?? example : if I want to buy a site subject to planning, do I lodge plans in my own name or in the name of the person selling the site. are there legal implications of not applying if the lands are not in my own name.

can someone lodge an application for planning permission for lands that are not in their own name?? example : if I want to buy a site subject to planning, do I lodge plans in my own name or in the name of the person selling the site. are there legal implications of not applying if the lands are not in my own name.

The owner will need to give a letter of consent to you making the application.

Something along the lines of:
"I Mr. Landowner confirm that I own the land outlined in blue on the enclosed map. I consent to Johnboy45 applying for Permission for a dwelling on the site marked in red"

You need to have a legal interest in the property.
Regardless of this, the permission goes with the land, not the person.
A letter of consent from the owner might imply that you were acting on behalf of someone with a legal interest.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

The owner will need to give a letter of consent to you making the application.

Something along the lines of:
"I Mr. Landowner confirm that I own the land outlined in blue on the enclosed map. I consent to Johnboy45 applying for Permission for a dwelling on the site marked in red"

I didn't......

Back