Planning Enforcement: Worried-septic tank location, site runnoff & well contamination

Can a county council give retention which is in contravention of an bord pleanalas edict?

The answer is no. An Bord Pleanala can not be over ruled by the County Council. (Of course it would depend on what is being retained , why it needs retention and how it contravenes an An Bord Pleanala edict / condition.)

If there is a complaint under investigation I'd suggest you complain in writing too, as this would strengthen both complaints & may help the Council's Enforcement action.

You must also understand that their is no way the Council can know that your water has been poluted, unless you test your water & give the results to the Council. You may also need to show how your neighbour is responsible for poluting your well.

I think you need to retain a professional to advise you on your particular case. It is difficult to advise here when one is unfamiliar with all the facts.

RQK, thanks. I have water test results from when we were building and a month ago. The intention is to do them on a 6 month basis moving forward. Hence I'll have the history and if our water stays okay I'll be happy without worrying about whats going on elsewhere.

I have a professional within family field, just loathe to get them too involved for fear of reprissals. :-0

You need to put your concerns in writing to the Council if they are to have any effect.

The more complaints there are inwriting the stronger the case against the development.

Back