Pizza Toppings

Jildy

Just as a carry on from the previous thread.

What type of cheese do you find works best on the pizza?

What base sauce works best?

Fave toppings.

J

We usually use tomato puree sauce and mozarella, that prob the most basic ones, I'm sure theres classier versions out there tho!

I would also have to say mozzarella cheese.

In North America the popular pizza is an 'All Dressed' Pizza which I have yet to see here, it’s tomato sauce, pepperoni, green peppers, mushroom and cheese.

I personally love the Hawaiian :)

Spicy version: Tomato sauce, mozarella, cheddar, prawns, chilli flakes, jalapeno and green pepper.

Love lots of stringy mozzarella cheese. Fresh tomatoes are one of my favourite toppings on a pizza plus sausage (as opposed to pepperoni)

I've always wanted to try one of the chicken satay (and the like) pizzas in Winders on Baggot St but am never brave enough :eek:

Mozzarella Cheese
BBQ sauce for the base instead of tomato
toppings
Chicken
sweetcorn
pineapple
Ham
peppers
onions

yummy!

My favourite Pizza has to be with tomato sauce and parma ham and rocket on top....yummy and Parmasean cheese on top

Last edited:
Passata tomato sauce... with tomato puree, oregano, basil, parsely, a pinch or two of chilli powder and a little sugar added.

Put pleanty on the base

Lightly cover with mozzarella before adding

Olives
Red, Green & yellow peppers
Crushed garlic
Anchovies
Chopped Basil leaves
Flaked/Grated parmesan
Drizzle with olive oil

A final sprinkling of mozzarella.Hot oven for 8 - 10 minutes. Ohh my gosh, ohh dear, I gotta go now,suddenly remembered something to do in the kitch....... I mean in the garden.

Pizza with - ham, feta, fresh tomato and onion!!!

I always get that from Bits N Pizza Dun Laoghaire!

make the sauce your self...its the most important part IMO. Pepperonin is peperonin no matter who puts it n the pizza.

Try:
1 can of Chopped tomoatoes
1 ( the small cans ) of tomatoe puree
1/2 crushed garlic cloves , as I said tailor to suit you
Oreganno
parsley
Salt
Pepper
chili flakes
Red wine
Balsamic

Just make up in a pot and add the ingrediants bit by bit by taste til you hit the spot!

MMMmmmm that sounds yummy... and healthy!
Does anyone have a recipe for pizza dough?

And does anyone know how to make the garlie dipping sauce? I love Mizzoni's especially as garlic mayo just isn't the same...
Sorry shoudl have included this all in my last post!

This thread has been very bad for my mental health. I've had to put plastic covers on my keyboard to save it from the drool. Personally, a pizza aint a pizza without pepporoni on it. Recently had one with basil pesto on it though which worked really well.

Even though it's morning time, I'm drooling reading about these pizzas!

My fav is:
lots of tomato sauce on the base with not too much mozzarella, with extra
- onion
- jalapenos
- cherry tomatoes
- garlic
When cooked drizzle with basil pesto and chilli olive oil...

I could eat one every day if the waist-line permitted it!

MMMmmmm that sounds yummy... and healthy!
Does anyone have a recipe for pizza dough?

Type pizza dough into the search facility for recipies given in a recent thread
And does anyone know how to make the garlie dipping sauce? I love Mizzoni's especially as garlic mayo just isn't the same...
Sorry shoudl have included this all in my last post!

Garlic mayo not the same but dont know a dipping sauce recipie

Back