Pipe eaten by mouse?

M

marla

Hi guys.
A pipe in my new house has sprung a leak which caused the timber floors to lift.
It's a cream coloured hard pipe...i think it's connected to the rads?
Anyway my plumber claims that a mouse made the hole in the pipe. Is this possible? Have mice got Bionic teeth? :)

Thanks

sounds like qualplex pipe. Didn't think that mice were into it - if so then most of the country is screwed!

There's not a lot that mice cannot eat through eventually.

Rats can eat through almost anything if they are desperate enough.

oh god! its not fair that a mouse (or heaven forbid a rat) has moved in before me!! ;-(

I once saw a piece of armored military spec multi core fiber optical cable which rats eat through (the ducting was not sealed), it was just put in at a cost or £20K to the tax payer and cost £20k more to replace. It was in the days when 20k would go a long way to buying a house!

Maria, your Home Insurance should cover this if you are insured.

thanks
the insurance crowd said they don't cover "vermin attack"...sounds like i'll be over-run with the little rodents!! ;-(

Yes qualpex, mice and rats are little Billixes they nibble lots of things for lots of reason.
Years ago sparks coated cables in tallow for ease of pulling through trunking etc, little critters loved it.
Sounds crazy but they hear the water and if they are trapped they will nibble through for a slurp.....

thanks
the insurance crowd said they don't cover "vermin attack"...sounds like i'll be over-run with the little rodents!! ;-(
Get your self an independat loss accessor, you dont have to use the Insurance companies nominated so called independant accessor.....
Could recommend one, but I might be acused of touting for business... lol
Google them, they will apear on the right hand side of the search page steer away from the firms as they are normally tied in some way to the Ins companies.
You may not be covered for the repair of the leak BUT you are covered for the damage caused by the escape of water and trace and access.

Back