Piers and Electrics

lastbuilders

Hi,

i am getting piers built this weekend and have a few queries. I am putting lights on the piers so I have run an electric cable for this. I also want to cater for having electric gates so have run a cable for this too. I am not however able to run a telephone cable.

My queries are the following:

Can I get an intercom to open the gates working wirelessly from the house as there is not a telephone cable running down to it?
Should i run the electric cable for the electric gates within the piers or leave it finishing beside the gates?

Lastbuilders

When the sparks were running cable down to gates for me, they also ran 10 pair poly poly cable for the intercom system

I was thinking about running that cable but would prefer wireless option as the thoughts or drilling up footpath and making hole in the wall of the house would be a pain.

Lastbuilders

Wireless intercom to gate with gate open signal available . I have that type. ie the only cables to the gate are lighting and power , no telephone. I will try and get the make and model tomorrow and will post same.

Sparkey.

I am nearly sure that Legrand have such an Item. If you contact Eamonn Tilley (at Legrand) he is the No. 1 intercom guy in Ireland he will sort you out. He will not sell direct to you but will direct you to an electrical wholesaler in your area.

Back