Picture framer in Dublin

The only one I know of is Lucan Frameworks who did some good work for me at reasonable prices. You could google them for the number. Now that I think about it there may be one somewhere in the Blanchardstown Centre too, used to be in the back of Cleary's but I'm not sure if its still there. No connection to either by the way.

Lightswitch is bang on the money.

Got some framing done recently by Frameworks in Lucan and they did a good job. Took ages for one of my frames to come in and because it took so long, the guy personally delivered the last framed print (I got 4 done) to me in work. Good personal service and good choice of frames.

The other place is Gallery 23 and it is near Coolmine Industrial Estate. They have a huge selection of frames, prints and original art as well. I would think they are more expensive than Lucan.
http://g23.ie/ I have not used them for frames, but have picked up a couple of prints.

Custom framing is not cheap in general though.

If you have something you want framed and could go with a ready made frame, then IKEA have a good selection.

What sort of price for what size are you talking about, Manda? An idea would be appreciated.

Am not great with sizes and have no measuring tape. Just had a look at one that is here on the bedroom floor and not put up yet!!!

2 of the prints were approx 15 inches x 13 ....they worked out at 58 each, I think. The two bigger ones, one was about 2 ft x 2 and the other slightly smaller were approx. 120-130 each from what I recall.

Looking at the bigger ones now now they are both double mounted, cream over black with a chunky black frame and you can see the quality.

I am not sorry I had the bigger 2 custom framed, but just to compare, I got a black frame for a similar size print to the smaller ones, for 14 in IKEA.

Also, I could have picked cheaper frames if I wanted to. The ones I picked were mid range.

Back