Piab multiple Injuries

celticsteven

Guys just looking for some info after reading the book of Quantum, i suffered multiple injuries to my leg in a fall on a wet floor. I had a couple of operations on my ankle and its destroyed, tendons, fracture to bone, arthritus has set in very quick i also broken the leg in a couple of places and dislocated the foot, i also suffered further health problems arising from the accident.

My questions are do they take multiple injuries into account?
How long does the process take and i have engaged a good solicitor?
The other side have not put up any sort of defense kind of just said sorry the floor shouldn't have been wet? Does this speed things up?

Any help really apperciated Robbie.

It sounds to me that this is not the type of case the injuries board will take on and should issue an authorisation to issue court proceedings. The prognosis and quantum may not be determinable in a 9 or 15 (statutory limits on injuries board) months. I would advise that your discuss in detail with your solicitor who will give you professional advice.

whereas whitegrass is right on the face of it, don't be surprised if the claim ends up in PIAB for many months before they get their head around the fact that they might not be able to assess it and issue the authorisation

I am absolutely biased here, but get a solicitor if you don't already have one

Back