Peyton, Stoney Lane, Rathcoole

Rathcoole also offers great public transport - by bus rail and with the newly proposed Luas Line located at Citywest just a five minute drive away.

Not sure whether they (?) meant rail and Luas

1. There is no train station in Rathcoole.
2. [broken link removed] is not (just) yet under construction and in any case, is not scheduled to commence operation until early 2011.

So for the moment, it's the bus and sin e.

Hi CCOVICH

I do agree with you in relation to the rail and luas, that was something that was on the internet, as far as I'm aware its just the bus.

Regards

Hizzy

The traveller accommodation is positioned at the south end of a piece of land for development, south of the park, beside the GAA land. It due for completion in 2012 as soon as the roads works are complete. It will be a 10 bay site.

Just wondering if anyone has manged to get the builder to drop his prices as prices have dropped by up to 40% in other areas of Dublin. If so, what percentage?

No. The builders won't drop the selling prices, and don't have to it appears. They are selling well at current prices and are even sold out of some house types.

I was down in Peyton last weekend... they had just launched 2 & 3 bed semi's and they were sold out (310K for 2 bed & 345K for 3 bed). They must have sold from plan... I was down there around 3:30pm on Saturday! The last couple of 3 bed duplex I think have dropped the price but again they could be gone!

re traveller encampment there will be a halting site built outside petyon estate beside
rathcoole park, which is the older estate a few yards past peyton on left hand side
contact mr burke sdcc planning department for a copy of the plans 4149000

I know there has been plans for traveling accommodation for a number of years and some accommodation has been built in another part of the village already.
Currently there are plans available as part of sdcc 'travelers accommodation plan' but the maps aren't accurate. If you look at the plans for the bypass road it runs through the proposed traveller accommodation and these plans dated after the traveler plans.
When and if the plans to build go ahead it will be houses and not a halting site.

I know there has been plans for traveling accommodation for a number of years and some accommodation has been built in another part of the village already.
Currently there are plans available as part of sdcc 'travelers accommodation plan' but the maps aren't accurate. If you look at the plans for the bypass road it runs through the proposed traveller accommodation and these plans dated after the traveler plans.
When and if the plans to build go ahead it will be houses and not a halting site.
conbrook in a earlier note you said there were plans for 12 "Bays" now they "houses" call it what you want there will still be a smell of smoke of your washing when you take it in off the clothes line[assuming they it will be there at all] and a few ponies grazing on the green,not to mention the odd lurcher with his nose in your wheelie bin

Hey 'ingles 69' you appear to be very negative towards 'Peyton', is there any particular reason?... did you ever get your deposit back. I have friends that moved in there recently and they had a great experience. When they did their investigation they came a cross plans for a traveler site but when they spoke to the council they were told pretty much the same as 'conbrook'. From what they've told me the planning has been submitted yet so they will be an opportunity to object if people feel strong enough about it.

i sure get get my money back and am now in a house in rathfarnam,the house is not as nice as peyton,but a much better area and a builder who
is aware of the situation in the country, unlike the builder in rathcoole who
thinks we are still in boom town

Ingles69 Can you tell me where you found the house in Rathfarnham as I also have a deposit on a house in Peyton that won't be ready for a while and would like to check out any other houses that might be better value etc before I hand over a non refundable deposit.

I did check out the traveller accommodation and if it actually ever gets built is is a good distance from Peyton not outside it as you have said.

After reading your post I did go looking in Rathfarnham but the only houses i could find near Rathfarnham were on Stocking Lane and they weren't comparable with Peyton, they weren't half as nice, no front garden, miles away from anything and they actually had traveller accommodation on the road into the estate so even though they were cheaper they were not for me.

The prices in Peyton have not dropped since you had your deposit on but they don't need to, a builder only drops the price when they can't sell the houses and Peyton is nearly sold out and the majority of this was from the plans.

Hi hils, What type of house have you a deposit on in Peyton?
I'm looking at one of the H1 currently which I think are priced completive and constructed to a high spec.
Looking at other properties in Dublin South & West appear to be selling from plan and no sign of progress.

Hi all, looked at Peyton aswell, nice development.

Anyone know:
What do you get for your money?
What's story with maintenance fee?
When do they plan to be finished building by?
Transport into town for work? (I know some people have given views on this already - just want to see if anymore opinions out there) is 69 really only bus from rathcoole?!? how long on it to town (9-5 hours).

I've heard prices are starting to come down (15% lower - yet still an expensive development relative to everywhere else) - asking prices still seem a bit crazy given the amount of uncertainty people have to deal with at the moment (maybe they have buffer built into them).

if they don't sell, what price will they be in 6 months time? a year? who knows..

having said that it's a small enough development and I suppose there is always some buyers out there willing to overpay (either consciously or unconsciously).

I wonder to what extent the current asking prices are founded on 'prices' for which they have taken deposits on yet are by no means final (i.e. if buyer thinks market has tanked by more then expected they can try gazunder or else walk away) - hard to know how many of the houses are really sold and how many just have deposits that are still refundable.

Hi pony, From what i've seen over the last six months since I first saw Peyton the prices haven't dropped and I think it's down to the limited number of each type of house... I think the most of any one type some far has been 14. I have limited knowledge of construction but the quality and spec of the build is top class. The internal finish appears to top class also. What you get for your money is outlined in the brochure... I'm not sure if you'd get anything extra beyond that. The maintenance/management fee I would guess varies depending on the type of property... 2 bed apartment would pay more than a two bed town house and semi's would pay less than the townhouse/terraced... but this is all guessing on my part.
Regards when the development will be finished... from what I've been told it depends on the market. Once the the current properties are complete that will account for about half the development. For areas that a visible to the public but are for future development the developer is planting grass and trees to avoid the building site look. That's all the info I can offer regards the development. There is a lot of site/planning drawings on www.sdcc.ie .

Hi All, Just wondering what's the latest with Peyton?
I called in over the weekend and the show houses are closed until the 22nd Aug... I'd thought that developers would be looking to get as many sales as possible and not closing for a month.
I notice the new H type houses are going up very slowly... does anyone know when they are due to be complete and ready for occupation?

They closed this time last year also but the auctioneers number is at the enterance for appointments. In this phase i think there is only 1 H type house left, and most of the others are nearly gone. I'm actually amazed at how fast the Houses are being built, 4 of the H type are nearing completion by the looks of it.

Back