Pet perimeter

P

pixiebean22

Does anyone use a pet perimeter on their property? If so, what type do you use, where did you buy it and how much did it cost? And also, more importantly, how effective is it?

Been lookin at these as well and below is best value i can find

[broken link removed]

Thanks for that.

If anyone has any experience using these type of perimeters please post!

Yes a friend of mine used this on their dog. It worked quite well as they had no fence/gates etc. The dog can now be trained on just the flags that came with it without the radio fence being even down.

Be prepared for training though as they will try to have a nudge at it ever so often just to check that it still works.

Hope this helps. Any other questions just let me know.

I was in the same position as yourself at the start of 2008 and purchased a radio fence from a company in Dungarvan called PetSafe.

I posted a query on AAM and received a variety of responses but it has been a fantastic purchase and without it our dog would be in danger everyday. He has not come near to passing the wire at any point since we put it down & took one day to train him on it, though my sister had a different breed of dog & he can be a little more courageous in running through it the odd time.

Bottom line, I could not recommend this product more and the link below is the thread that I posted a few years back:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=71260&highlight=petsafe

Pixie, also bear in mind that your dog cannot get out but other dogs and people can get it. Also, if they do jump/run over the fence, a lot of the time they are too scared to come back in and will now be stuck on the other side. Just something to bear in mind.

Pixie, we have the petsafe radio fence and in close to 3yrs our dog has never left the premises.

My wife's sister dog comes down every few months so she got him a collar from Petsafe and he has sprinted over the wire once, distracted by 4 dogs passing on the road:)

However, the reason for this is that she does not have a radio fence in her house as she lives in an estate so no need for it. Therefore her dog (small+energetic breed) only has the collar on for 2/3 days a month.

Of course other dogs and people can come in as they are not wearing a collar, anyway we like to see people!!!

Back