Pet Insurance - any suggestions for Broker or Insurer?

PatMacG

can edit posts
As the owner of a 7.5 year-old male Rottweiler, I was horrified to discover that insurance for a dog of that age is either prohibitively expensive, unavailable or only covers 40% of costs after the excess. Part of the reason is that bigger breeds have a shorter life expectancy.

I hope to get another, younger dog also IKC registered (pup 12 to 15 months old) and get them both covered.

I re-homed the older dog in August before discovering the issue with the insurance and have paid for all his shots and tests so far (not huge money).

All suggestions / advice welcome.

Last edited:
Hey Pat

We have two mini dachshund's one is insured with Alliance and the second is with Pet Insure.ie. They both provide the same cover in that if your dog is diagnosed with an illness they will cover you for life as long as you stay with them. This is the most important aspect of any policy as some companies on renewal will considered the illness pre existing Petinsure.ie is a little cheaper.

Best of luck
J

brokers dont do this type of cover. so its just allianz, blue insurance and tesco i think.

Back