Pensions and inheritance?

vectra1

Our mother passed away last September and left her home to be sold and divided 4 ways equally.
This is in the hands of our solicitor, I am one on the executors along with one sister.
Thing is we are not sure on is taxes or any implications.
One sister on Contributory OAP.
Other sister and brother are on non contributory pensions.
Myself currently on invalidity pension but will be transferring to Contributory pension in October.
The value of the home is not big but we expect to get close to 50k each from the proceeds of it.
Will this affect any of us? like pensions being reduced or taxation etc?
Thanks

Unless you have received prior gifts and/or inheritance from your parents, then the expected amount, € 50,000, is well below the lifetime threshold of € 335,000 so there will be no inheritance taxes to be paid by you nor your siblings.

The Contributary pensions/allowances are not affected by any inheritances - they are determined solely on your PRSI record

The non-contributary pensions are means-tested - your brother and sister will have to inform the Department of Social Protection. They will revisit the contributary pension amounts taking into account any income and savings they have

Unless you have received prior gifts and/or inheritance from your parents, then the expected amount, € 50,000, is well below the lifetime threshold of € 335,000 so there will be no inheritance taxes to be paid by you nor your siblings.

The Contributary pensions/allowances are not affected by any inheritances - they are determined solely on your PRSI record

The non-contributary pensions are means-tested - your brother and sister will have to inform the Department of Social Protection. They will revisit the contributary pension amounts taking into account any income and savings they have
Actually my sister on the non contributory pension also has 1/2 carers for a family member. Would this effect her moreso then?

Back