Pension in Ireland

gyanch

Hi all,

I work in Ireland for 5 years. I use to work in Bulgaria for 29 years. Could you please advise can I get an Irish pension?

In a similar vain..

What is the minimum gross salary one needs to be on - to pay the required PRSI - to get the state contributory pension after ten years?

Cheers!

gyanch.

Google . State Pension (contributory)-Department of Social Protection.
From my reading Bulgaria has an agreement with us to add your 29 years onto your irish 5 years ie will give you Irish Contributory pension.
Can I suggest you firstly write to Bulgaria and get a note of your Bulgarian (prsi) and then present to Irish Dept and they will advise you.

I think you will be grand, but please get the paperwork done now.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...cial_insurance_contributions_from_abroad.html

"How to apply

When you are filling in or completing an application for an Irish social insurance payment, there is a section on the application form that will ask you whether you have ever been employed in an EU country other than Ireland. In the case of long-term payments you will be asked if you have ever been employed in an EU country or a country with whom Ireland has a bi-lateral social security agreement.

You will be asked for the following information:

• The country where you worked
  • The name and address of your employer there
  • The dates you worked there
  • Your Social Security Number there"

What I would advise you to do (because I don't know whether or not you are of pension age yet), is gather that information from Bulgaria and then visit your local SW office to make sure that you are eligible or if you continue working here, that you will be eligible on retirement.

Good luck.

Back