Pension funds

Fisherman

Is there some volaility in pension fund investments at the moment..... the value of my pension fund has dropped 3.5% in last 7 days ??

There is always volatility but 3.5%% seems heavy?
On one of mine @k100 it has increased invalue by e600 each month, that seems ok.

Have you your fund in High Risk Funds/Low Risk Funds or what Fund?
There are some competent posters on Pensions in AAM ,so can I suggest set out your stall and read their advice.

Sounds about right.

Markets have declined over recent days.

Unless you're close to retirement, it's no big deal.

depends on risk appetite. Are you in the high risk equities and possibly geared? If you are, remember you get the benefit of the gearing on the rising but suffer the losses on the falls.

Rising bond yields = falling bond prices, plus weaker Usd and Stg against Euro which means assets within your fund in those currencies are worth less now.

Is there some volaility in pension fund investments at the moment..... the value of my pension fund has dropped 3.5% in last 7 days ??

Markets go up and down, it's what they do. If you are watching your fund on a weekly or daily basis, you'll drive yourself nuts.

In October there was a drop in values, which corrected itself by the end of the month. For those checking all the time, they were getting worried that another crash was on the way. Those who let markets do what they do, weren't even aware.

Once or twice a year is enough to look at the value of your pension.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I
Markets go up and down, it's what they do. If you are watching your fund on a weekly or daily basis, you'll drive yourself nuts.

You're right Steven, it would give you the hebeegebees... it's just that I'm retiring at the end of this year and I was expecting to be better protected against big fluctuations... if possible

You're right Steven, it would give you the hebeegebees... it's just that I'm retiring at the end of this year and I was expecting to be better protected against big fluctuations... if possible

Go into cash Fisherman. The returns may be slightly less than the management charge but you know you are not subject to market volatility.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back