Penalty Points, should i appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.T.W i'd be very interisted (more curious tho) to know what would you do in this situation without upsetting anyone and without crossing the continous white line -(since i'm still waiting for a responce to this question from Smashbox)

I answered you already. Your not allowed to cross a single white line whilst overtaking, as there is obviously something up ahead. As for crossing it because you have to move out or avoid an obsticle, you're just being childish with your examples.

Ok smashbox & television i'll make it as simple as i can and i'l try this one more time-

Q1-
What do you do if you are overtaking another vehicle on a broken white line, then the vehicle you are overtaking won't allow you pull back into your lane?
A-............................................

Q2- Did the driver of the other vehicle follow the Rules of the Road or commit an offence by driving in such a manner?

Q3- Would there have been any incident if other vehicle had not driven in such a manner?

@ blueblood, I believe this thread has run its course and you're now indulging in pointless "What if" scenarios more appropriate to The Depths (STB or LOS), neither of which you can post in yet unfortunately.

The consensus seems to be you were wrong and got a ticket.

Personally, I can't see any value in going to court to challenge the Guard's view of events, but that option is still open to you. Other than that you are faced with paying the fine and taking the points.

Ok smashbox & television i'll make it as simple as i can and i'l try this one more time-

Q1- What do you do if you are overtaking another vehicle on a broken white line, then the vehicle you are overtaking won't allow you pull back into your lane?

Q2- Did the driver of the other vehicle follow the Rules of the Road or commit an offence by driving in such a manner?

Q3- Would there have been any incident if other vehicle had not driven in such a manner?

While agreeing with Meathpac, I am going to indulge the OP by answering.

1. I would slow down rapidly and find a place behind the driver ahead.

2. Its your word that he did not follow the rules of the road.

3. You caused the incident by driving over the line not the other driver.

I know you think your hard done by and blaim the other driver, and in fairness if he did speed up he was acting like a prat, but thats not the point. You are responcible for your driving no one else. What ever you say about him speeding up you crossed the line not him.

Blueblood, everyone is not going to follow you just because you keep saying the same thing over and over. You're also not going to get a definitive answer. You were in the wrong and got caught. This thread has spiraled out of topic and is just useless chatter now.

Go seek legal advice if you think you can appeal it.

While agreeing with Meathpac, I am going to indulge the OP by answering.

1. I would slow down rapidly and find a place behind the driver ahead.

2. Its your word that he did not follow the rules of the road.

3. You caused the incident by driving over the line not the other driver.

I know you think your hard done by and blaim the other driver, and in fairness if he did speed up he was acting like a prat, but thats not the point. You are responcible for your driving no one else. What ever you say about him speeding up you crossed the line not him.

I also agree with television and mathe. No one else seen the other driver speed up, only you. The gardai didnt see that, they saw you.

If there was an accident, it was because you were on the wrong side of the road. Who would know that the other driver sped up if you were (God forbid) killed? It would only be seen that you were overtaking a lorry, there was a single white line, and something else coming the other way.

A tragedy, but the lorry driver wouldnt come out and say 'Oh well it wasn't Bluebloods fault, I sped up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back