Penalty points for driving on a non motorway hard shoulder?

mc Big E -
Almost as bad as the top of Carrs Hill!I sometimes sit in between the 2 lanes to prevent people whizzing up the inside but the last time I did this, the car behind me, went around me!

monicafussy said:
I was pulled over on Monday morning for driving in a redundant bus lane, is this an offence as there is definitly no bus route(17a bus previously ) it happenned at the back of Bewleys comig on to the M50. Any advice appreciated. Am expecting my fine and penalty points any day now!

Is this the N32? I was ranting about this on saturday to my dad who works in Dublin Bus and he said the Dublin Bus airport bus (route 747?) from Busaras uses this bus lane during peak times as it comes down the Malahide Road to avoid the Port Tunnel works...so its still a recognised bus lane. Apparently this bus has no set route..its up to the driver to choose.

A lot of taxi drivers seem to use it too to access the city centre from the airport.

AFAIK its not a penalty point offence..just a fine.

Hard shoulders: now that one's not to drive on H/S on motorways will most people think they cant drive on them on wide roads, So when a lorry with a full load or a small car and caravan is not able to go any faster than 40 MPH they will be afraid to move over to let 62 mph cars past, will people not get aggravated and overtake where possible and sometimes at risk and may cause more deaths, I think its a stupid rule which will cause more deaths because people and even the Gardie don't understand what is meant by not driving on Hard shoulder.

Back