Penalty on immediate withdrawal from notice account

chewchew

I know there have been tonnes of questions about Anglo already but this is not a should I take my money and run question.

Basically I am currently getting about 4% for a 30 day notice account. I would like to move this to another account, I believe there are better rates for depositors out there than this, but I would like to recieve my interest for this year before I withdraw my money.

I believe the interest is applied on my account on the last day in december. If I want to withdraw after that without notice, say 2nd of January will I have to pay a penalty?

Thank you. If I go in to the anglo on the 2nd of January and give them 30 days notice, will I get interest for the month of January when I withdraw. Or do you only get any interest for leaving it in till the end of the year?

You earn interest daily.

Interest is credited to your account at the end of the year.

But if you close your account all interest earned is credited to your account on that date and you can then withdraw the lot.

There is no need to go in to Anglo, you can give notice over the phone, I think they are open a few days next week.

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Back