Pearse street or ringsend

ecstatic

Small house in ringsend or a new apartment on pearse street.

Over a 10 year period which will be the best investment from a capital appreciation point of view ?

Thinking of buying but unsure where to place the money.

Will the purchase be solely for investment purposes or do you intend to live there? IMHO Ringsend would probably be better for either purpose.

House is around 60 metres no garden. Apartment is around 80 metres.

Over 10 years would the house be worth more than the apartment ??

Not that many apartments in city centre that are that size.

Supply and demand:

How many apartments in the area and how many houses.

Id say the house will be better in the long run.
How about parking as well thjough apt has a nice U/G space and house fighting for on street.

If they are both the same price, I'd prefer the extra 20 meters & being closer to town. It's a mistake to think all houses are better than apartments. Usually, the apartment will have a better layout than the old houses. Most old small houses have a really small living areas, space tends to be taken up by hallways, bathroom etc.

Not sure what part of Ringsend you're talking about , but they're no way I'd walk home there late at night on my own whereas I'd feel safe walking home Pearse st .

elgin

Totally agree with you. We looked at several old houses before buying a really spacious roomy appartment. Those houses are so tiny and pokey. the rooms are so small and generally the overall interior seems to be in dire need of modernisation.

but each to their own. most new 2 beds are bigger than 2 bed terraces.

But would the apartments stand the test of time of ten years, i.e would the communal areas,and grounds be kept in good nick?, and increasing management fees?

Ive decided on the apartment it seems like the best option there are not too many large apartments in city centre..

Back