PC world or Currys for laptop?

Shaz

I have spotted a Dell computer at PC World and Currys both for the same price. Pls could you advise on which store I should purchase it from. Thanks.

PC World as they have instore technicians which Curry's dont have.

PC worlds tecnicians are about as useful as asking a yougfella in a DIY store for a lenght of 6 x 4. Same answer ... a wha???
I have never got a definitive answer from them.
We use Belkin Range extenders from then all the time. A technician last week argued there was no such thing just buy another router.

PC World as they have instore technicians which Curry's dont have.
Aren't Currys customers lucky? Personally I wouldn't buy from either of them based on very bad experiences of both by family members (consumer electronics & electrical white-goods).

Aren't Currys customers lucky? Personally I wouldn't buy from either of them based on very bad experiences of both by family members (consumer electronics & electrical white-goods).

+1

anyone else would be better than those

Who should I buy it from? Dell website works out to more than €200 vs currys/pc world.

Shaz, despite all objections from other posters, i would buy from pc world for the reasons i stated earlier..

They do actually have some very good technicians - i know because i worked there until very recently, until the hard sell they've now mandated forced me to resign as I couldn't bear it any longer.

So decide on what you need before you shop there and don't let them sway you into buying extras that you neither want nor need.

yes , we bought a laptop in PC World. A lovely HP 214 .

If we had a problem , they are not too far away , and seem genuinely helpful.

As the above poster said , dont allow them to persuade to to buy extras , as they will offer you items like , bag, norton security , surge protector, wireless mouse , ms office , etc , at knockdown prices .

yes , we bought a laptop in PC World. A lovely HP 214 .

If we had a problem , they are not too far away , and seem genuinely helpful.

As the above poster said , dont allow them to persuade to to buy extras , as they will offer you items like , bag, norton security , surge protector, wireless mouse , ms office , etc , at knockdown prices .

surge suppressors are worth their weight in gold.

Back