PC World - after sales service

Phil_space

I bought a Samsung laptop about 6 months ago in PC World but the CD/DVD drive now only works intermittently. I don't have the original receipt but have a Visa statement with a date for purchase. My questions are:
a) I presume this is covered under the manufacturer's warranty?
b) What is the after sales service like in PC World? I'm concerned that once I hand over my laptop I won't see it for weeks and with Xmas approaching....

Any advice or experiences with PC World appreciated.

Phil

Proof of purchase is what's required. The fault should be covered as long as it's not caused by misuse or accidental damage.

No experience of PC World, but I suspect a lot depends on the individual store manager and the manner in which you approach him/her. Firm, polite, and then firm again. ;)

I would advise that any personal images/docs etc that you wouldn't want people looking at are removed from it first

I bought a Samsung laptop about 6 months ago in PC World but the CD/DVD drive now only works intermittently. I don't have the original receipt but have a Visa statement with a date for purchase. My questions are:
a) I presume this is covered under the manufacturer's warranty?
b) What is the after sales service like in PC World? I'm concerned that once I hand over my laptop I won't see it for weeks and with Xmas approaching....

Any advice or experiences with PC World appreciated.

Phil

Don't worry about not having your receipt, the customer services guys can reprint them going back a year. Just give them the name/address you provided at purchase and they should be able to trace it.

Yes, you are covered under the warranty. My guess is you'll have to book the PC in for repair/replacement CD drive. The last time I checked laptops don't get repaired onsite and are sent away with a lead time of up to 6 weeks, so there's a good chance you may be devoid of laptop for christmas.

You may have a case for a loaner laptop and/or a loaner external CD drive to tide you over until you're ready to book it in. However, you'll probably have to catch somebody having a real good day for that one.

We had to use PC World after sales service and found them fast and efficient .

The mousepad was not working and the USB was broken. ( Acer Notebook )

PC World gave us a Dublin telephone number and they sent a Courier to collect the Laptop . This man even had a padded box , so it was not necessary to pack the laptop in advance .

It was returned , fixed in less than 2 weeks .

Ring PC World and they will give you a booking number . ( when you provide your receipt number )

Back