Paywithfire

vandriver

I just got the following email..
'
Thank you for becoming a Pay With Fire user. Verify your account and receive a welcome bonus, no strings attached!
€/£10 instantly deposited into your account to do with as you please.

Simply send verification documents through your Pay With Fire App using your phone's camera. No printing or posting and we'll verify your account within 24 hours. This is a limited offer so don't miss out.

The verification process is extremely simple and completed using your Pay With Fire App.
Download from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Once verified you become a full user and will have even more easy to use functionality.

Following verification you can:
  • Open an additional account - (EUR or GBP) - free
  • Transfer instantly between EUR and GBP Accounts - live FX rates
  • Send/Receive money to/from any Euro or GBP Account - free

Additionally we are working on new exciting features and will offer to our full users first as a way of saying thank you.

We'd love to hear your feedback and answer any queries so please drop us a mail.'

Thing is,I've never heard of paywithfire,or Fire Financial Services Ltd.
Anyone any the wiser?

Fire Financial Services Ltd is a spin off of Realex Payments, which you will often see as the payment page on some online sales websites - you know when you are redirected to enter your card details.

So they are real. But I can't say for sure about this email.

OK,it's not a scam.
I signed up years ago and promptly forgot about it.
Apologies to all the hardworking honest people at Realex and all its subsidiaries.

Last edited:
"You are receiving this email because you have a Pay With Fire personal account" - yes got e-mail as well.

Did you verify your account?

Yes wasn't going to bother but when I discovered I had everything to hand I said I may as well. The process should be as easy as Number26 (only need Passport) but it's the Irish Government's fault it's not.

Money laundering legislation is the resposibility of the Irish Gvernment. Why is the opening of a German Bank Account with Number26 so easy? - answer it's German.

It still can be enacted in a different way. The Paywithfire is a very limited payment account yet I can open up a full German Bank Current Account with Number26 -direct debits,standing order etc. with just a Passport via a brief face to face conversation via webcam.

Number26 are at the leading edge of what's possible using technology. You really think an Irish bank would be capable of implementing a similar system efficiently & securely? Look at the e-voting debacle.

Back