Payroll Software

A

Angel28

Have just set up a small company with a couple of employees and want to use payroll software. Have been looking at Thesaurus and Payback. Has anyone any advice on which might be better?

I have used Thesaurus for the last six or seven years and have found it to be very user friendly. Would never consider changing from it.

One great advantage, I find, is that you can copy any of the reports into Excel write easily and add columns and rows and play around with the figures.

Also, as far as I know, you can download it and use it for free for three or four weeks, then you pay around €150.00 and they send a code to let you continue using it.

I don't have any experience of Payback, so I can't comment on it. Hope this helps.

Nolo77.

Agree with nolo77 on Thesaurus. Am using the Bureau version now for 6-7 years for a few clients and find it very suitable for the small employer.

Others may have views on other packages though.

Thanks for the opinions. It helps to hear what others think.

Hi Angel, thanks for your interest in Payback.

Payback is €120 + VAT for unlimited companies, employees and users (network licences). Our licence is also for one year from time of purchase. All reports can be exported to excel or PDF (for email) and we also have a report writer and data extraction tool.

If you have any questions while you're evaluating Payback, you can either give as a call, email us (details on our website) and we also have a support forum. The website is www.payback.ie

[Note: I'm affiliated with Payback]

Hi Angel,
I use Payback for weekly wages and find it absolutely brilliant. Its very user friendly and has a very comprehensive user manual to help you get started. Also they have an email support forum where you can ask questions if you have a problem and I've found that you get good help.

Lorraine B

we recently signed up to payback and can only speak highly off it as only took a few hours to get upto speed, like the poster above states excel and pdf ability is great.
our a/c has been using Thesaurus for payslips and we are moving away as want to complete them ourselves to save money and have greater control but also the payslips generated from Thesaurus have an inferior layout and not as easy to read as payback ..just my opinion !

just to say using payback & find great. had bit of bother as started it mid year but think prob from user error! well worth the money!

Back