Paypal - Requesting Cash

pudds

Just about to test this as a stranger is buying an item from me and wants to pay for it. Apparently all I need is the strangers email address and then fill out the Paypal request form and wait for the cash to arrive :) Request Money - PayPal

You can request money from anyone with an email address in 190 countries and regions supported by PayPal. You can also bill customers even if they don’t have a PayPal account.

All you need to do is give the stranger your email address and he will do the rest . ( as long as ye both have Paypal a/c's )

All you need to do is give the stranger your email address and he will do the rest . ( as long as ye both have Paypal a/c's )

yeah that's what happened in the end, I'm only used to giving money out:D so new to this, but apparently if I request payment via Paypal from a stranger with no PP a/c he can also send the money to me.

excellento:)

apparently if I request payment via Paypal from a stranger with no PP a/c he can also send the money to me.
I *think* you have to have a merchant account with a certain level of € transactions to facilitate this ie. payment via visa without having to open an account. If you match those criteria, you still have to enable this on your account.
Someone else here can confirm i'm sure...

I would be interested in knowing if Paypal take a percentage and how much they take?

I would be interested in knowing if Paypal take a percentage and how much they take?
You can be sure they do. It would depend on whether its a merchant or personal account and the amounts being transferred as to how much they charge. They charge both parties, also make cash on exchange rates and I think they also charge for additional buyer protection. A great business!

I'm sure you will find all the details on their site.

Back