Paypal query

STEINER

Hi,

I have used paypal a lot to pay online without any problems. I have sold an item online on ebay for the first time ever, and have got confirmation of a receipt from paypal for payment from the buyer. Paypal recommends me to ship the item. As I have got the confirmation email from paypal and it is in the paypal account, is that enough? I just don't want to be scammed.

Move the money out of the account, just in case the purchaser tries to do a charge back...

If the money appears in your Paypal account: then it is safe to ship. I used to sell quite a bit on Ebay and using Paypal as means of being paid. If payment is being held for any reason, such as E-cheques that need a little longer to clear, you would be advise not to ship until payment clears. Again, if the funds are in your Paypal account: it is safe to ship.

Yeah Id withdraw it ASAP. I have sold lots of stuff on eBay and used PayPal for all of them. There is no charge to withdraw money so it makes sense to get it out of there ASAP. If they say it didn't turn up then they cant get the money if it not in your account.
Best advice I can give is to use sticky labels for the address and print it rather than handwriting. Always put a return address on it too! I had one package returned from the UK post 2 months after I sent it. Never heard from the buyer about it though.

Thanks for the replies. The balance was in my paypal account so I did a transfer to my bank account, which will hit it on Tuesday. As it was my my first time selling, I just wanted to be sure about it.

Back