Payment processors - fees

Mr. Flibble

I see there's a fair few threads here on different card processors but I can't find any info on their fees. The processor fees generally aren't published on their sites - but you have to inquire and negotiate go get a price.

So, my question; what is a reasonable CC processing fee?

I've been offered 4.5% uncapped on all transactions with Wirecard, which seems very high to me. They are open to negotiation. I'm wondering what a realistic fee to aim for would be.

Note: this is for online Visa/MC transactions for selling software. Transaction amounts vary from $10 to $1000. Wirecard offer this service without requiring your own merchant account.

I see there's a fair few threads here on different card processors but I can't find any info on their fees. The processor fees generally aren't published on their sites - but you have to inquire and negotiate go get a price.

So, my question; what is a reasonable CC processing fee?

I've been offered 4.5% uncapped on all transactions with Wirecard, which seems very high to me. They are open to negotiation. I'm wondering what a realistic fee to aim for would be.

Note: this is for online Visa/MC transactions for selling software. Transaction amounts vary from $10 to $1000. Wirecard offer this service without requiring your own merchant account.

a merchant account is about
€ 200 - set-up
€ 30 - minimum monthly charge
2% on CC

then you would have charges from the company who provides the virtual terminal.

so a flat rate of 4.5% is not too bad, starting off, as it keeps your start-up costs low.

Back