Paying voluntary UK NIC contributions

I finally received a reply after a year advising m e that I was ineligible to make class 2 contributions as I had left employed abroad section blank and said I wasnt self employed. I'd interpreted their section working abroad as meaning working abroad for a UK employer.

I have worked in Ireland since coming back in 2020 (gap of a few months). How do I correct this so that I can pay class 2 (as lalternative is paying £800+ a year for contributions) . Some other posts have suggested providing PRSI record, where can I get this (I think I've seen mine before but forget the site) or is there something else I need to do?

Is it possible to do this online, I ,ailed the CF83 form and it took just over a year to get a reply, is it possible to get this processed in Government Gateway? Appreciate any replies thanks.
Hi Chewbacca
PRSI record can't be requested on irish mygov. I don't think you can send online. I suggest you send a list of all your employers with dates, your job title and employers address with the record. That's what I did. I got mainly class 2 but some years were a little higher when I was out of work for short periods. I am still waiting on my husbands reply.

Redo the CF83, attach a cover letter explaining you made a mistake and include any documentary evidence of employment. P60s, payslips letters from employer

I finally received a reply after a year advising m e that I was ineligible to make class 2 contributions as I had left employed abroad section blank and said I wasnt self employed. I'd interpreted their section working abroad as meaning working abroad for a UK employer.

I have worked in Ireland since coming back in 2020 (gap of a few months). How do I correct this so that I can pay class 2 (as lalternative is paying £800+ a year for contributions) . Some other posts have suggested providing PRSI record, where can I get this (I think I've seen mine before but forget the site) or is there something else I need to do?

Is it possible to do this online, I ,ailed the CF83 form and it took just over a year to get a reply, is it possible to get this processed in Government Gateway? Appreciate any replies thanks.
PRSI record can be requested on my welfare.ie. Sorry can’t add the link but scroll down the page to ‘Statements Refunds and Payments’. You can request a contribution statement. Can take a few weeks for Irish revenue to process and sending UK revenue your employment history via another method may be quicker but it’s useful to have the details of what contributions have been paid in Ireland.

Back