Paying for a car in UK

Hadn't thought of the 6 month old issue! Thanks for that. I presume it has to have been regisered 6 months before importation.

at the moment i live in scotland and soon i`ll be moving to Cork in Ireland for good,i will be registering my car in Ireland but the car i have is classed as a category D (damaged repairable) ,so when i register my car in Ireland will the car still be classified as a category D on the irish registeration documents or will the car be registered with an age related plate with no mention of the category D on the documents

anyone know of a good commercial web site for UKjeeps would be interested in getting a new toyota landcruiser but have not found any on web sites yet.
Irish price is €36k

I'm currently living in the UK but will be starting work in Ireland (on a 6 month contract at present) in April. Due to the availability of redundancy money I was thinking of buying a new or young second hand car. If I leave the 'new' car registered in my name at my parent's, to which bank statements etc will be sent, for 6 months and then decide to live permanently in Ireland will this car be VRT exempt?
Other factors are, that I will be taking my current car for my new job and I am selling my current house (should be complete in 6-8 weeks) and may be shipping the contents with a view to living permanently in Ireland.

Back