paying by quarter

J

jcm

Hi, pelase can you help me?

My fees are up and I'm happy to pay them but I'd like to do this by quarter. I was told that if your fees are over 2,000 per year, which mine are, that legally I can pay this way.

Our Property Management company has said that they dont provide this facility.

Do I have a legal leg to stand on?

appreciate your help

My understatding is that some management companies accept payment of fees in arrears but only by quarterly direct debit. I don't know about there being a threshold regarding the amount of the fees to avail of this facility.

I pay by the quarter at the start of that quarter, quarterly doesn't have to be in arrears.

Note its the agent that you are paying the fee to and not the company. As an owner you are a member of a management company that hires an agent to maintain the apartment.

I'd say the agent doesn't want to take quarterly payments as there is more administrative work in tracking this and this leads to a higher fee for everyone else. This could be addressed at the company's AGM.

Perhaps if you set up a direct debit with the agent they would facilitate you?

Who is the agent?

whats the difference just save the money per month per quarter whatever then pay at the alloted time.

Setup a bank account specifically for these anual bills and set aside the money to suit.

Small bit of self discipline and organisation

Back