PAYE worker with ad hoc work

3CC

Hi,

I am a regular PAYE worker and my tax situation is very straightforward. I am married but we are taxed under separate assessment. The only thing slightly out of the ordinary is that I fill out Form 11 each year - but this only as I have some ETF investments that I need to declare.

I have just agreed to do a bit of freelance work and the company involved wants me to invoice them for the amount.

Can I just send them an invoice with my PPS number and details and then declare the income at the end of the year on Form 11? Or is it more complicated than that?

I have never done this before and have no plan to do this as a regular thing so I am hoping there is a simple solution. The amount is only €150.

Many Thanks...

Hi,

I am a regular PAYE worker and my tax situation is very straightforward. I am married but we are taxed under separate assessment. The only thing slightly out of the ordinary is that I fill out Form 11 each year - but this only as I have some ETF investments that I need to declare.

I have just agreed to do a bit of freelance work and the company involved wants me to invoice them for the amount.

Can I just send them an invoice with my PPS number and details and then declare the income at the end of the year on Form 11? Or is it more complicated than that?

I have never done this before and have no plan to do this as a regular thing so I am hoping there is a simple solution. The amount is only €150.

Many Thanks...
They don't need your PPS number, you can invoice them and record the payments when they arrive and declare as additional income end of year.

Back