Pay by weight is back

Cheers for the link its only Citybin that service our area also and they charge per month or per annum and not worth the cost.

Ok next bin day collection I will keep an eye out

Panda in the DLRCC area charge me,
Yearly Service Charge: €64
Black Bin Lift: €3.20
Black Bin Waste: €0.277 per Kg
Brown Bin Lift: €2.56
Brown Bin Waste: €0.16 per Kg
Green bin including glass is free

All prices are ex vat @ 13.5%

Just wondering -- what do you mean by "green bin including glass". Panda's website says you can't put glass in their green bin.

Just wondering -- what do you mean by "green bin including glass". Panda's website says you can't put glass in their green bin.

In DLRCC we are allowed to put glass in the green bin, afaik it was something DLRCC put in the contracts to the refuse companies when waste collections went private

In DLRCC we are allowed to put glass in the green bin, afaik it was something DLRCC put in the contracts to the refuse companies when waste collections went private
That's what I thought too up until recently. I'm in DLRCC too, using Panda, and their website says the following cannot go in your green bin:

"Glass - General refuse - Food waste - Green or Garden waste - Wet waste - Nappies - Polystyrene - Wallpaper - Aeroboard / Styrofoam - Plastic film/bags - Plastic food wrappings"

https://www.panda.ie/household/what-can-i-put-in-my-bin.html

I have a letter from Panda that says
"You may not be aware yet of the fact you may place all your glass bottles and jars in our green bin as panda have perfected the art of recovering this glass along with the rest of the meterial in your green bin. So no more trips to the bottle banks required from here on."

The letter is from late in 2010 after they had purchased the business from DLRCC, I have not recieved any notification from Panda since that you can't put glass in the green bin,
In fact Steven in an earlier post said he rang them and confirmed that they do at the moment accept glass in the green bin from the DLRCC area.
I know what the website says but if you call them they will comfirm what I'm saying

Thanks Cervelo, that is certainly good to know. I have a pile of glass that I've been saving to bring to the bottle bank. It's a pity their website is contradictory, but then their website is rubbish (no pun intended) in several other respects too.

Greyhound have been in contact to say that my flat rate contract won't be renewed and I'm now on pay by weight.
There's a monthly price increase also, to €20.95 (it was €15.50 only 18 months ago).

Based on my weights for the past 12 months, I'm looking at an extra €4 per month on top of the €20.95. So a 60% rise for my household in 18 months.
No allowances given for larger families, people with special needs etc. 1 size fits all.

Each month's 42kg is standalone, so no credit given in a subsequent month if you were under the weight limit the previous month.

And there's no regulator in place yet so I reckon the waste companies will increase prices as a rapidly as they can in the next year or so to before his/her appointment.

Last edited:
Each month's 42kg is standalone, so no credit given in a subsequent month if you were under the weight limit the previous month. And there's no regulator in place yet so I reckon the waste companies will increase prices as a rapidly as they can in the next year or so to before his/her appointment.

Watch out for the months where there are 3 black bin collections... catches people out for whom 2 bins wouldn't exceed 42kg.

Back